This congregation first met in home of Mrs. Betsy Key. Organized as “Fairgrounds Church” in 1896 at nearby site of early Florence Racetrack and Fairgrounds, with Andy Sloss as pastor. Later, the church was moved to Irvine Avenue (formerly Fish-Trap Road). Mrs. Mary Ola Key was given honor of naming the church “Mount Moriah.” The adjoining lot was purchased and church rebuilt in 1924, with C. A. Crump as pastor. In 1964, the building was remodeled and another addition erected under David Tolbert as pastor. The Family Life Center was completed in 1997 with Leroy Sawyer, pastor, and Wayne Stanley, chairman.