St. James Missionary Baptist Church established in 1873 is one of the oldest Baptist Churches in North Alabama. The initial location was formed from a strong spirited group of Deacons, Mothers, and Members worshipping God in various homes.
As the congregation grew a more suitable place of worship was needed. After several different locations, the Church final and present site 325 Wallace Street was purchased in 1957 and 1958. This location was erected and dedicated July 1960.
After 144 years of service this Church has remained spiritually guided. It grew from dream to reality through prayers, planning, and sacrifices of many members.
The four Pastors who led the Church during its building period were;
Rev. James Young
Rev. Phillip Garrett
Rev. Alex Fountain
Rev. Hampton Smiley
The current Pastor is Rev. Albert Ingram Jr.